Android - App Installation
There are 2 ways to get SCA on your Android device. You can download the app directly from the Play Store or you can deploy it through Managed Google Play. Managed Google Play is the preferred option for organizations as it provides a more secure and controlled distribution of apps.
It is possible to download SCA directly from the public Google Play Store, like any other app on your Android device with Google Services.
A Google Account is required to download apps from the Play Store.
SCA is available for Managed Google Play Store.
You can deploy SCA through Microsoft Intune to your Android Enterprise devices via Managed Google Play Store.
Managed Google Play, organizations can create and manage their own app catalog, set access controls and permissions, and enforce security policies for the apps they distribute.
Your third-party MDM solution, must have a Google Account to access the Managed Google Play console, in order to deploy SCA to your managed devices.
- 2.On the list of apps pane, Secure Contacts appears as a Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) app, select the app
- 5.Search for "Provectus Secure Contacts" in your Google Play Console.
- 6.Click Approve.
- 7.Click Approve, in order to accept app-permissions for SCA.
- 8.Click on Done, to finish the setup the setup in Managed Google Play.
- 9.Next step, you need to sync Managed Google Play: Select Tenant administration > Connectors and tokens > Managed Google Play.
- 10.In the Managed Google Play pane, choose Sync. The page updates the time and status of the last sync.
- 11.Change to Apps > Android
- 12.On the list of apps pane, Secure Contacts appears as Managed Google Play store app, select the app.
- 13.Choose Properties. Go to Assignments and click on Edit
- 14.On the Assignments tab, choose whether the app will be Required or Available for enrolled devices
- 15.Choose Add group under the assignment type you've selected and add your SCA test-group
- 16.Click on Review + save and on the next pane Save